Appointments can be made in three ways:
- On the telephone
- By visiting the surgery
- By using the online booking facility (registration for online services is required)
- All patients are seen by appointment.
- Patients may choose to see any doctor they wish.
- Please note that none of the doctors works every day, so you need to check the surgeries that each particular doctor holds.
- The practice operates an advanced access system and you will be offered an appointment within two working days.
- Same-day appointments are always available.
- In order for the system to work smoothly we will usually be unable to book doctors' appointments more than two days in advance.
- If for any reason this is difficult for you please explain this to the receptionist and we will do our best to help you.
- If you think that your problem is likely to be resolved by a telephone discussion with a doctor or nurse rather than an appointment, please mention this to the receptionist. Be prepared to leave a telephone number and to be telephoned back.
- A doctor is normally available to give telephone advice at the end of morning surgery between 12.00-12.30.
If you require a chaperone during your consultation please advise reception when booking your appointment or when checking in
To request a telephone consultation with a doctor, please telephone the surgery on 01564 739194 and a receptionist will arrange for a doctor to call you back.
Please be ready to provide a contact telephone number to the reception team.
Text messages for appointments
Patients are sent a text message when an appointment is made. Please make sure that Reception have your up to date mobile telephone number. A text reminder is also sent 24 hours before your appointment.
Should you cancel or not keep an appointment a text message will be sent.
Should you not wish to receive text messages, please inform Reception on 01564 739194