Did you know…?
We are participating in a new approach to improve access for patients to GP appointments. The aim is to direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional, which may be a GP or a pharmacist.
Your symptoms could be resolved by a booked consultation with the pharmacist instead of the GP, you will be given a same-day referral to a pharmacy of your choice.
This will also help us to free up GP appointments for people with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional.
We are keen to hear what you think and will be listening to your comments and feedback about your experience of using this service.
Pharmacy Q&As (DOCX, 15KB)
Appointments can be made in three ways:
- On the telephone
- By visiting the surgery
- By using the online booking facility to book, view, amend, cancel, and print appointments online (registration for online services is required).
Routine Appointment information
- All patients are either seen by appointment or have a telephone consultation with a GP.
- If you think that your problem is likely to be resolved by a telephone discussion with a doctor or nurse rather than an appointment, please mention this to the receptionist. Be prepared to leave a telephone number and to be telephoned back.
- Please note that none of the doctors work every day.
- The practice operates an advanced access system for blood test's, vaccination's and appointments at GP request.
- The majority of appointments are bookable on the day only, however we have some availability for pre-bookable appointments.
If you require a chaperone during your consultation please advise reception when booking your appointment or when checking in
To request a telephone consultation with a doctor, please telephone the surgery on 01564 739 194 and a receptionist will arrange for a doctor to call you back.
Please be ready to provide a contact telephone number to the reception team.
While we encourage our patients to consult us at the surgery whenever possible, home visits can be arranged for those housebound by illness or infirmity.
Please telephone the surgery 01564 739 194 before 11.00am if possible, or at any time in case of acute illness.
Text messages for appointments
Patients are sent a text message when an appointment is made. Please make sure that Reception have your up to date mobile telephone number. A text reminder is also sent 24 hours before your appointment.
Should you cancel or not keep an appointment a text message will be sent.
Should you not wish to receive text messages, please inform Reception on 01564 739 194
Cancelling or changing an appointment
If you can not make your appointment let us know as soon as you can so another patient can book the appointment time. You can cancel or change your appointment:
To request an urgent appointment for today (Monday to Friday)
- Phone us Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm. Please note we close at 12.30pm on Wednesday.
- Visit the surgery and speak with a receptionist. We are open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm
When you get in touch, we’ll ask what you need help with. We will use the information you give us to choose the most suitable health professional to help you.
Pre bookable, evening and weekend GP appointments
Appointments are available from 6.00pm to 8.00pm Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm Saturdays and Sundays 10.00 to 2.00pm. They alternate between Monkspath and Dorridge Surgery.
Call us to book an extended access appointment.
You will need to consent to share your medical record with the Extended Access Service.
If you need help when we are closed
- Use NHS 111 online (111.nhs.uk) or call 111. 111 online is for people aged 5 and over. Call 111 if you need help for a child under 5.
- Out of hours information
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999.
Try the NHS App
You can now use the NHS App, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services and your GP account on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record, access your Covid vaccination status and more.
If you already use online access you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp